Want to know how to get rid of your cold sores?
As we move forward through the warmer months, patients are eager to display their gorgeously sun kissed skin and flawless smiles, but what about those looming cold sores?
The exciting months of warm weather don’t need to be dampened by the appearance of cold sores. Reward yourself with a visit to Michelle Enmark, DDS in Sacramento and have your nasty cold sore removed with a laser in as little as a single appointment. To find out more about cold sores and how we can help you get rid of them, have a read through the following article and understand what a cold sore really is, how you can reduce your chances of their occurrence and how laser treatment is an effective method of cold sore removal.
What are cold sores?
By definition, cold sores are fever blisters caused by Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) type 1 (not to be confused for HSV-2, which is commonly called genital herpes and it blooms around the human genitalia). Since the virus never leaves the body, roughly about 8 in 10 people are infected. There are a handful of different triggers speculated to cause a cold sore outbreak:
- A low immune system
- Feverish sicknesses like flus and chest infections
- Excess sunlight or wind exposure
- Hormonal imbalances
- Physical or emotion stress
- Colder weather
Basically cold sores are a product of irregularities to the person’s physical and mental health. The sores usually recur in the same place and once in full bloom, they can be pretty disheartening to the person’s overall morale, health and self-esteem.
What you can do to reduce the appearance of cold sores
To minimize the recurrence of cold sores, the following prevention methods may be able to help prevent future outbreaks:
- Wear sunscreen: some patients who have recurrences triggered by excess exposure of sun may be able to benefit from wearing more sunscreen.
- Talk to a professional about lysine supplements: amino acids are a fundamental component of all proteins; they promote protein production and healing. Lysine supplementation can enhance protein nutrition and boost the immune system’s response. By increasing the lysine intake when your immune system is low, you may be able to stop the cold sore from erupting.
- Laser cold sore treatment: this treatment available at Michelle Enmark, DDS offers the chance for patients to prevent, remove and postpone embarrassing cold sore occurrences.
With innovative laser technology used in our practice, not only can laser cold sore treatment remove existing sores but it also has the ability to actively reduce future cold sore occurrence.
Laser cold sore treatment has the ability to:
- Eliminate the break out of cold sores if caught during the ‘tingling’ early stages
- Reduce the appearance of the sore and any discomfort associated with the existing cold sores
- Lessen the likelihood of future cold sore development to the area that is treated
By visiting us at Michelle Enmark, DDS in Sacramento, we are able to offer you a fast an effective method for removing stubborn cold sores, giving you the chance to properly enjoy the warmer weather without feeling self-conscious about your smile.