Gum Disease Treatment Sacramento
Our state of the art system for gum and periodontal care is specifically designed to identify the disease as early as possible and to provide appropriate treatment for each stage of involvement
Periodontal disease (commonly referred to as gum disease) is one of the major causes of tooth loss amongst American adults. Ranging in severity from the common gingivitis to the serious form of gum disease- periodontitis, it is important to diagnose and treat gum disease as soon as possible to protect the health and integrity of your smile.
Symptoms associated with gum disease include:
- Persistent bad breath
- Inflamed, red or swollen gums that can be tender and prone to bleeding
- Pain when chewing
- Teeth that feel loose or wobbly
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Gum recession or teeth that appear longer than they once were
If you believe that you may be suffering from periodontal disease it is highly important that you schedule an examination at our dental practice located in Sacramento as soon as possible.
There are certain risk factors that can place you at a predisposition to the development of gum disease
These risk factors can include:
- Smoking- it is important to also note that smoking can also lower the effectiveness of gum disease treatment.
- Pregnancy- the hormonal changes associated with pregnancy can cause gum tissue to become more sensitive, effectively making it easier for gum disease to develop.
- Diabetes- this disease places sufferers at a higher risk of developing all infections, and this includes gum disease.
- Some medications- this is particularly prevalent with medications that reduce the flow of saliva.
With the use of dental lasers in our office, our dentists can utilize focused light energy to zap bacteria and remove diseased tissue deep in the pockets where your toothbrush cannot reach. Lasers promote collagen formation and tissue regeneration, which means that recovery from this treatment is incredibly swift.