Dental Implants Sacramento
For missing teeth, dental implants are like getting your own teeth back!
Single, multiple and total tooth loss can have a devastating impact on your lifestyle, appearance and self confidence. Tooth loss can be caused by a number of factors including oral disease and oral trauma. If you have had the misfortune of losing an adult tooth, it’s important to seek appropriate treatment as soon as possible, as tooth loss can lead to a range of concerns:
- The loss of a tooth can quite quickly lead to the degeneration of the surrounding jawbone and gum tissue
- When a tooth is lost this can cause the rest of your existing teeth to migrate to fill the void, leading to the distortion of your bite
- Tooth loss can alter your overall facial appearance and cause the contours of your face to collapse
- Total tooth loss can have a dramatic impact on your overall health as this drastically limits the type of foods and nutrients patients can consume
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are small tooth root replacements constructed from a titanium alloy. Dental implants are surgically placed to replace the missing tooth. The implant provides support for prosthetic tooth replacements (often these will be crowns).
Over a period of months, a successful dental implant procedure will result in the implant being fully accepted by your body, with your jaw bone healing and growing over the implant. The titanium dental implant provides a solid and reliable foundation for prosthetic tooth replacements such as crowns, bridges or dentures.
As one of the greatest advancements in dentistry to date, dental implants present a range of benefits over traditional restorative treatments:
- Unlike other restorative dental treatments dental implants provide the appropriate stimulation to prevent the gum and jawbone deterioration associated with tooth loss
- Dental implants provide a long term solution to tooth loss that offers stability and reliability to patients
- Dental implants can be used to secure and stabilize wobbly, uncomfortable traditional denture restorations
- This treatment can restore full function and esthetics to your smile
How long do dental implants last?
Dental implants have excellent long-term success and offer a comfortable alternative to messy, unattractive and often painful partials or dentures. If you are a successful candidate for dental implants and you maintain your oral health, your dental implants could potentially last a lifetime.
Dental implants allow you to eat anything you wish, and to talk and laugh without wondering if your false teeth will begin to slip. This permanent solution to tooth loss mimics the feel, form and function of your natural teeth better than any other restorative treatment to date!
Are dental implants safe?
Dental implants use true and tested technology. In terms of the procedure, any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding with dental implants, it may be advisable to seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.